Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Blue Journal


Recently I started making Art Journals out of handmade paper. The covers are a blast to make because you can make them really chunky! This one was made using junk mail, blue dyed daisy petals, chunky glitter and strips of plastic. I had a friend donate lots of junk mail scraps to me and the plastic strips came from shredding the envelopes with the plastic windows. The inner sheets are junk mail paper only, no plastic or glitter or dye so they have kind of a gray tone.

I wanted to experiment with making my own Art Journal. I am in no way as amazing with my Art as others who make these journals. This is a new journey for me as well so it will be fun to play and develop new ideas.



I like the color blue. It is a "go to" color for me in my art so I thought I would start with a monochromatic paper showcasing just blue stuff. I did this a couple of months ago and I think I may even add to it later, but this is how it looks right now.





The handmade paper can take a lot of altering, just like regular paper. You just have to be careful about how wet it gets. This page has dye ink, glitter glue, acrylic paint, paper adhesive (for the postage stamps and other papers that I glued on) and even E-6000 glue (for the button).  Nothing seeped through to the back. I have to say the handmade paper takes acrylic paint very well!  Just love it. I have been trying to get my daughter to paint some of her art on these sheets. I think it would be a nice collaboration! Plus it would look great. :)

I'll keep sharing as I go. This year is going to be a creative year for me. I can feel it!

Have a Happy Day!

Chrystal

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty journal! Love the blue page. It reminds me of antique china.

    ReplyDelete